Join us as we venture into nature and explore the delicate balance of food chains. In this course, we will examine how energy flows through food chains and how animals have adapted to their roles. Through discussion and discovery, we will seek to develop an understanding of the importance of maintaining balanced food chains and how external factors can affect them.
- I can identify producers and consumers in a food chain.
- I can explain the importance of food chains.
- I can give examples of predator/prey relationships.
- I can create a simple model of the transfer of energy through a food chain.
Each lesson, learners will be presented with new ideas and concepts that will evoke their curiosity. Between lessons, they will be asked to overcome various challenges in order to deepen their understanding.
Our Virtual Classrooms are hosted on Zoom. Zoom is a video conferencing service that can be accessed on Windows, MacOS, iOS or Android Devices.
- Lesson 1 – Tuesday, April 21, 2020 from 11:00 am to 11:45 am EST
- Lesson 2 – Thursday, April 23, 2020 from 11:00 am to 11:45 am EST
- Lesson 3 – Tuesday, April 28, 2020 from 11:00 am to 11:45 am EST
- Lesson 4 – Thursday, April 30, 2020 from 11:00 am to 11:45 am EST